Newly Registered Users

ride_4ever
Site Admin

Re: Newly Registered Users

Postby ride_4ever » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:24 pm

verushka70 wrote:More dS/c6d trivia: the actor who plays Kiki in Cronenberg's Naked Lunch, Joseph Scorsiani (sometimes listed as Joseph Scoren in other film/TV credits) also played Dr. Carter's young lover in the due South episode Letting Go. (He was also in the movie version of Chicago, which was filmed in Toronto -- he played the heiress Kitty Baxter's/Lucy Liu's philandering husband.)
\o/

:lol: I did not know that the movie version of Chicago was filmed in Toronto. Heh, Toronto being Chicago again and again.

verushka70
Constable

Postby verushka70 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:16 am

What I read at the time was that they needed a city that looked like 1920s Chicago... and no part of Chicago looks like 1920s Chicago anymore, but parts of Toronto could.

To quote Eddie Izzard: You tear your history down, man! "30 years old, let's smash it to the floor and put a car park here!"

Yeah, that's what Chicago has done. I can hardly stand to go to areas that used to be my stomping grounds when I was young -- they're like a graveyard of places that used to be there, now.
:\

comatosebadger
Recruit

Postby comatosebadger » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Hiya, I'm new to these sort of places and am a bit shy online, but I'm giving this online socializing thing a go :)
Due South is my absolute favourite show and trying to force friends/family to watch it is a favourite past-time.
I don't write fics, but I'm an AVID reader of them, and occasional fan artist. If ever I do a fanart it will likely pop up on my tumblr (dreamincomics) which is where I chucked a RayK pic I recently did for funzies :P
I'm very quiet online, but I'd like to attempt to appear more present :) Thanks for having me :)

DesireeArmfeldt
Constable

Postby DesireeArmfeldt » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:17 am

comatosebadger wrote:Hiya, I'm new to these sort of places and am a bit shy online, but I'm giving this online socializing thing a go :)
Due South is my absolute favourite show and trying to force friends/family to watch it is a favourite past-time.
I don't write fics, but I'm an AVID reader of them, and occasional fan artist. If ever I do a fanart it will likely pop up on my tumblr (dreamincomics) which is where I chucked a RayK pic I recently did for funzies :P
I'm very quiet online, but I'd like to attempt to appear more present :) Thanks for having me :)

Welcome! :)

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:03 am

Yes, absolutely, welcome! We're glad to have you! (Sorry for the slow reply, been a hectic few days.)

verushka70
Constable

Postby verushka70 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:33 am

comatosebadger wrote:I don't write fics, but I'm an AVID reader of them, and occasional fan artist. If ever I do a fanart it will likely pop up on my tumblr (dreamincomics) which is where I chucked a RayK pic I recently did for funzies :P

Welcome...! ...And would you care to post your RayK pic here? Not all of us are on Tumblr (or just can't keep up with it)...

feroxargentea
Constable

Postby feroxargentea » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:03 pm

comatosebadger wrote:Hiya, I'm new to these sort of places and am a bit shy online, but I'm giving this online socializing thing a go :)

Hello, welcome!
I don't make fanart but I have huge respect for those who can :)

comatosebadger
Recruit

Postby comatosebadger » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:39 am

verushka70 wrote:
comatosebadger wrote:I don't write fics, but I'm an AVID reader of them, and occasional fan artist. If ever I do a fanart it will likely pop up on my tumblr (dreamincomics) which is where I chucked a RayK pic I recently did for funzies :P

Welcome...! ...And would you care to post your RayK pic here? Not all of us are on Tumblr (or just can't keep up with it)...

Yeah, no worries, I'll post it here once I figure out how to... I think I saw a fanworks section somewhere here so I'll pop it over there :) I am very unused to forums... never actively used one before, so this might take some getting used to :P :)

crimeandcricket
Recruit

Postby crimeandcricket » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:53 am

Hello! I'm here via tumblr - I'm crimeandcricket there too, and LoreleyLuna on LJ and AO3 (although I've not been on LJ on ages - still mourning its demise). I'm Beth, from England, although I've been in Canada for the past year and living in Toronto for the past six months (yes, due South/Twitch City are partly to blame). I started off in the C6D world from due South - the first broadcast, originally, then "re-discovered" it a few years ago - and I'm another newcomer to Twin Peaks :)

feroxargentea
Constable

Postby feroxargentea » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:31 am

Hello! Nice to meet you. I also watched the original broadcast and then "re-discovered" it many years later. Entirely the BBC's fault for rerunning it.

Annie M
Constable

Postby Annie M » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:10 am

This is Annie M, great to see all the new recruits. I don't feel like a plebe now.

ride_4ever
Site Admin

Postby ride_4ever » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:03 am

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your fanart here!

ride_4ever
Site Admin

Postby ride_4ever » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:08 am

crimeandcricket wrote:Hello! I'm here via tumblr - I'm crimeandcricket there too, and LoreleyLuna on LJ and AO3 (although I've not been on LJ on ages - still mourning its demise). I'm Beth, from England, although I've been in Canada for the past year and living in Toronto for the past six months (yes, due South/Twitch City are partly to blame). I started off in the C6D world from due South - the first broadcast, originally, then "re-discovered" it a few years ago - and I'm another newcomer to Twin Peaks :)

Welcome! Happy to have you here...and envying your move to Canada...I go there once or twice a year and never want to leave. Already planning my 2018 trip to Toronto.

BTW, not yet totally "demised" on LJ...I am still active there.

Return to “News & Announcements”