Forum Features

SLWalker
Site Admin

Forum Features

Postby SLWalker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Here are some of the things which you can already do here:

Drafts
Not ready to post something? Write it and save it! Then you can access it under your user control panel, which is where your name is at the top of the forum!

Private Messaging
You can message multiple people, and you can attach files, too! So, need a beta and don't wanna go to e-mails? You can send them your document through the forums.

Attachments in General
In fact, you can attach files to posts. Many attachments in most formats. The sizes are pretty huge, too, so you have the ability to share zipped screencap packs, or fanmixes, or otherwise!

Media Embedding
Thanks to a mod, you can embed video in your posts. Wanna share that scene? Go for it!

Got any suggestions for future features (if I'm able to implement them?) Tell me here. <3

verushka70
Constable

email notifications? Re: Forum Features

Postby verushka70 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:59 pm

I see that you can subscribe to a topic or forum, and that's cool. But I'm wondering: is there any way to be emailed if/when someone replies to your post(s), if you aren't subscribed to the parent topic/forum? (ie the way you have email notifications of replies to posts or comments on LJ or DW)

I looked in the FAQ, but didn't see anything related to this specific email notification issue.

I know that you can check the "notify me when a reply is posted" box for each individual post you make... But I'm looking for a system default solution (where "notify me when a reply is posted"=YES for EVERY post I make in any forum or any topic on BothSides).

SLWalker
Site Admin

Re: Forum Features

Postby SLWalker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:15 pm

I turned it on for you. Let me know if it works. If anyone else goes looking, I believe it's under your profile preferences, to notify by default.

verushka70
Constable

Postby verushka70 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:32 am

SLWalker wrote:I turned it on for you. Let me know if it works. If anyone else goes looking, I believe it's under your profile preferences, to notify by default.

Okay, thank you. I wasn't sure where to find it before. I wonder if this means that I will get multiple notifications for each post I've made to which I've also subscribed?...

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:33 am

I don't know! I check back a couple times a day, so have no experiences with topic subscribing. <3

verushka70
Constable

Postby verushka70 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:08 pm

It seems to be working... I get notifications in email if people reply to my posts here.

Return to “News & Announcements”