Subforum Requests

SLWalker
Site Admin

Subforum Requests

Postby SLWalker » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:48 pm

Are you really, really active? Part of a C6D fandom that needs a home and you want to give it one here? Run a community on another platform and want to be able to promote it or otherwise here?

This is where you can request a subforum. If you're incredibly prolific, you can have your own. If you have a C6D fandom that isn't represented and want to take on the responsibility of promoting it and running a subforum, you can ask here. If you run another community related to dS/Twin Peaks/C6D and want a subforum here for it, by all means, request away!

The only requirements are that any subforum you want created needs to be kept active, to the tune of twice a month posting. So, think it over, and then go ahead and reply to this thread with your request!

DesireeArmfeldt
Constable

Re: Subforum Requests

Postby DesireeArmfeldt » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:50 pm

I'm not sure if this is properly one subforum or two, but it would be nice to have:

1) somewhere for people looking for betas to hook up with people willing to be betas
2) a "writers workshop" subforum for people to talk about writing issues in general, ask for help from the group mind if they're struggling with a particular of a WIP, etc. (If I someday get ambitious, I might try to get up and running an old idea I had about running a literal writers workshop, but I am not currently that ambitious. :/ )

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Sure! Lemme chew on where I can stick those for you, since they seem more general-writerly than fandom specific, and I'll put them up for you. <3

DesireeArmfeldt
Constable

Postby DesireeArmfeldt » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Also, I notice you have an Images subforum for due South but not for any of the other fandoms. Would it make sense to have them for the other fandoms as well? (This, I'm not offering to be in charge of making sure posts happen; but it seems a logical extension of your existing structure. :) )

DesireeArmfeldt
Constable

Postby DesireeArmfeldt » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:57 pm

SLWalker wrote:Sure! Lemme chew on where I can stick those for you, since they seem more general-writerly than fandom specific, and I'll put them up for you. <3

Yeah, non-fandom-specific is probably best.

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:59 pm

With the C6D stuff, I figure I'll wait until there's an active interest in using those, and then I'll populate them with additional subforums. (C6D tends to be pretty low volume compared to due South.) If I forgot Twin Peaks, I'll go fix that. Figured out where to do the general writerly, too.

DesireeArmfeldt
Constable

Postby DesireeArmfeldt » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:05 pm

SLWalker wrote:With the C6D stuff, I figure I'll wait until there's an active interest in using those, and then I'll populate them with additional subforums. (C6D tends to be pretty low volume compared to due South.) If I forgot Twin Peaks, I'll go fix that. Figured out where to do the general writerly, too.

Makes sense -- the image thing came to mind because I saw you posted some images that didn't have an Images subforum to seed. :)

Actually, given that, what about making a "small C6D fandoms Images" subforum under the general C6D one? -- I've got some Chasing Rainbows screen caps I'd be happy to share! And that might actually be a nice way to get some conversation started over in C6D-land, as well as pique people's interest in looking into the more obscure stuff -- I remember a couple of years back there were some folks who got very into spreading word about the C6D micro-fandoms, and I have fond memories of the C6D Midsummer and Valentine's challenges, which encouraged me to delve into them.

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Sure, I can do that. Just stuck your general writerly forum up. XD

DesireeArmfeldt
Constable

Postby DesireeArmfeldt » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:15 pm

SLWalker wrote:Sure, I can do that. Just stuck your general writerly forum up. XD

Yay, thanks!

Lo, I have posted in it. :)

thisisteal
Constable

Postby thisisteal » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Sorry I'm so bad at forums, if you post a new post in say, general Twin Peaks, but not under a specific forum because it won't go there, will it just like...show up underneath the subforums? I'm asking because let's say I wanted to make a post about Miguel Ferrer but I don't know what subforum to put it under. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.
--This is not all that we are--

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 pm

No, this is fine. It'll just show up under the parent forum, and that's perfectly a-okay. You don't need to sub-forum it.

thisisteal
Constable

Postby thisisteal » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:05 pm

Cool cool, thanks!
--This is not all that we are--

Return to “News & Announcements”