Newly Registered Users

SLWalker
Site Admin

Newly Registered Users

Postby SLWalker » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:23 pm

For the sake of keeping both spam and trolls off of these boards, all new users have a set number of posts they have to make before they can become regular registered users and have access to the full scope of these forums. Until then, you're not able to see the rest of the board or create new topics, but you are allowed to reply to these topics!

So, feel free to use this thread to tell us a bit about yourself, link to other social media accounts -- tumblr, twitter, Ao3, LJ, DW, etc. -- say hi, make our acquaintance, and before you know it, you'll be free and loose on the full forums!

ETA: Right now, I seem to have post-moderation set up here, so if your post doesn't show up immediately, that's why. o.O Not sure how that happened. If you encounter it anywhere else, though, lemme know because it means I did something wrong somewhere. XD

ETA2: If you can see the rest of the forum, you can use it. No need to comment here.

Son of ETA: I fixed post-moderation for this forum, so now it should go through without an admin or mod approving it.

rose_malmaison
Recruit

Re: Newly Registered Users

Postby rose_malmaison » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:22 pm

Thanks for letting me in! I'm more of a reader than a writer in these fandoms.

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Welcome aboard. ^^; Hey, readers are great.

DesireeArmfeldt
Constable

Postby DesireeArmfeldt » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:28 am

*tap tap* Is this thing on...?

Greetings from me and my closet-ful of WIPs. :)

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:25 am

It's totally on. o.O I gotta figure out why I have post approval moderated, though. Dat's weird, lemme go dig around the back end.

Sossity
Recruit

Postby Sossity » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:30 am

Hi, all! :) Nice to see you if I've met you, and nice to meet you if I haven't.

Hockeyrules
Recruit

Postby Hockeyrules » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:57 am

thanks for approving my request. I am also more of a reader, but I greatly enjoy the DS sites that are still around!

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:00 am

Hockeyrules wrote:thanks for approving my request. I am also more of a reader, but I greatly enjoy the DS sites that are still around!

It's such a great fandom. Which sites are you on, if you don't mind my asking? (I don't recognize your name offhand, so hi!)

Mission
Recruit

Postby Mission » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:21 am

Thanks for making this! :D As folks who have me on lj are already painfully familiar with, I'm bad at managing all of my social media simultaneously, so I apologise in advance if I'm a sporadic poster! I'm trying to get better about it, though!

HereEatThisKitten
Recruit

Postby HereEatThisKitten » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:24 am

Okay apparently I don't *need* to post here but I already started writing an intro and I can't figure out where else it's supposed to go.
I'm Laura, HereEatThisKitten on tumblr and ao3. [hetk_laura on lj but I don't actually ever log in to lj]
I'm also on some of the other forums but I also don't log into them and don't remember which ones. And the facebook group which I tend to avoid like the plague.
I don't write but I do beta (and meta, on tumblr). I also co-run the Brick White North tumblr.
I'm not great at remembering to check or read forum posts but if people link this one on tumblr occasionally I'll try to keep up. :)

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:24 am

Pfft, don't apologize. XD There's no requirement to be busy or anything. I'm just glad you're here. ^^; Welcome aboard, make yourself at home.

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:27 am

@Laura
Anywhere in the general. XD There's a Facebook group? News to me! Welcome aboard! (I got a feeling ninety-eight percent of us are already friends, but if not, we doubtless will be over time.)

Madame _mary
Recruit

Postby Madame _mary » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Hi, I'm madame_mary, or just plain Mary, on LJ and AO3, I'm an avid reader of fan fiction, and adore due south. I particularly love the due south community, which is so welcoming and vibrant.

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi Mary! I'm Steff. It's wonderful to meet you, I don't think we've bumped into one another before now. Welcome to the forum!

JackyMedan
Recruit

Postby JackyMedan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:31 pm

finally got around to registering, like I mentioned on tumblr I'm not sure how active I'll be but I'll try to check every once in a while.. I think most of the tumblr folks already know me since I use literally the same username everywhere I go :')..

for those that don't know me: my real name is Miranda, but I mostly go by Jacky.. I'm from the netherlands (I only know of one other dutch fan besides me so far lol) and I love both due south and several other c6d things (slings and arrows, shattered, men with brooms, twitch city etc.) and I've also fairly recently watched twin peaks for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed it :)..

I mostly just hang out on tumblr and ao3, I do have an lj account but I never go there and the same p much applies for twitter and facebook (although the latter I do check semi-regularly for notifications but that's about it)

anyway.. this got longer than intended so I'll shut up now.. tl;dr: hey everyone! :))
.:: Boldly Going Due South ::.

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:43 pm

Heya! Active or no, I'm glad to see you! ^^; Welcome aboard!

Hockeyrules
Recruit

Postby Hockeyrules » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:46 am

SLWalker wrote:
Hockeyrules wrote:thanks for approving my request. I am also more of a reader, but I greatly enjoy the DS sites that are still around!

It's such a great fandom. Which sites are you on, if you don't mind my asking? (I don't recognize your name offhand, so hi!)

I'm only on LJ, but like I said, I'm pretty much just a lurker :)

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:06 am

*grins* Well, welcome aboard!

mific
Recruit

Postby mific » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:40 am

Hi there - I just got out of a 24 hour power cut, so am able to play again and got myself registered. I started with a lone fic in dS, then mostly art for a few years, and now am back to doing both fics and art for the challenges. It's a great fandom! *waves*
ETA: Oh, and of course I'm reading, and enjoying other peoples' art. :)

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:44 am

Hi! I can't wait to see what you write next. XD Welcome aboard!

Return to “News & Announcements”