Forum Questions

DesireeArmfeldt
Constable

Forum Questions

Postby DesireeArmfeldt » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:09 am

<em>You are not allowed to post anything higher than PG-13/Teen on any of the semi-public forums. </em>

How do I tell whether a forum/subforum that I can see is public vs. semi-public? That is, a given user might have access to some semi-public things, and certainly has access to public things. How does one tell which is which? Presumably there's a label somewhere? I am not seeing it...

SLWalker
Site Admin

Re: Forum Questions

Postby SLWalker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:34 am

The only public forum is News & Announcements. If you're not signed in, this is literally the only thing you can see of the forum.

If you ARE signed in, but not part of the verified group, you can see everything but the Admin board and the Mature container. (If you want to be added to the verified, PM me about it; if I recognize you and already know you're of age, I probably already added you.)

If you are part of the verified group, you can see everything except the Admin board.

If you're an administrator or mod, you can see everything including the Admin board.

DesireeArmfeldt
Constable

Postby DesireeArmfeldt » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:09 am

OK, so in theory, things *can* be restricted to certain groups (within the "signed in members" group), but in practice the only such thing right now is the Mature container? But there is no way to know, just by looking, whether a thing I have access to is restricted or not? (I mean, if there's only ever going to be the one restricted thing, it's a moot point. :) I guess I just instinctively expect a user interface to tell you the access levels of things if you can see them.)

SLWalker
Site Admin

Postby SLWalker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:16 am

Yeah, things can be restricted to certain groups. The reason why you can see everything is because you're currently set as a global moderator. XD So, you have access to legit everything except the Admin Control Panel at the back end, which is all technical crap anyway.

Return to “News & Announcements”